Can anyone tell me what makes some people do this?

How can someone spend so much time leading you on, using you, and showing you that you're worthless, and in the end try to convince you that you are the problem? What makes someone feel the need to use you up, and tell you they don't want you. Is there something behind this or what. I've spent a while believeing it, but I see what it is now, even though I do, it still hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• That is what my abusive exhusband did to me.Notice the EX.He did it from secret insecurities.he was too busy trying to look like a tough guy, that he put his problems on me.
    it will hurt for a while, it did me too.But it does get better.And teaches you what kind of relationship you don't want.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• That's exactly what my Baby's Father does to me.... but I'm use to it, I just treat him the same.
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 1:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• They're insecure and need to build themselves up. They like to make themselves feel bigger and more important then they are. Stand up for yourself and don't let others walk on you. It's hard but is so worth it in the end to realize that you are important and have great value.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Some people feel like if they tell someone else how horrible they are, then they themselves must not be so bad!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 2:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• selfishness...and you are letting them do this to you put your foot down and I bet things will change.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009