just need advice....

My daughter is 9 mo and still doesn't crawl she rolls around everywhere and will get into the crawling postion and rock back and forth and then you think she will crawl she rolls over that is all she does I just don't know what to do to get her to do it I know its not a milestone she should hit but I don't think she will pull herself up or get into a sitting postion if she does. If she doesn't crawl and learns to walk instead will she get herself up on things ok? If I put her in front of things sitting she will try to pull herself up and sometimes she does and when she is rolling she looks like she is trying to put herself into a sitting postion she just can't. Do you have any advice on what to do to help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine never crawled and was very good at getting into EVERYTHING.

Just let her be.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My son started rolling all over the place at 8 months and didn't crawl until 11 months, but he was getting himself into a sitting position and pulling himself up to standing at 10 months. So pulling up can happen just fine without crawling, and crawling can still happen. Give it time. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my daughter never rolled, and never crawled until she was almost 10 months. She scooted. It was funny..
    If you want to help your daughter to figure out how to get into a sitting position from being on her belly or back, its fine to help her along the first few times so she gets the idea. It's not something she sees normally so its going to be harder for her to figure out. I did this with my daughter and she figured it out much faster than I think she would have if I"d just let her figure it out on her own.
    Dont worry about her not crawling. If she has other modes of transportation it just might not be necessary for her. She'll figure it out at some point, it just might not be now. She could also figure it out on her own in a month, a week, at any point.
    Experiment, try new things with her.. you'll never HURT her development, and maybe she'll figure out something new!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Relax, momma. Your baby will do what she is going to do when she is ready.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009