My daughter is 2 1/2. I need help with regressed potty training and a newborn!

My daughter was absolutely stubborn about potty training and didn't start really trying (no matter what I tried) until about 2-3 months ago. She was slowly getting it and doing it when she felt like it but never consistantly. Now the closer I get to having my second the worse she does. I am going into be induced Sunday. My daughter stopped trying all together 2 weeks ago. It was like as soon as the doctors started asking her if she was ready for her sister to be here she decided she was done. She also acts like a baby. I know that is normal but the potty training thing is driving me nuts! I don't want to change 2 diapers! Some one help me!!!!

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 1:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• You potty trained her to early. You already said she was difficult so that means she wasn't ready. Give it a few more months and try again.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yep, she wasn't ready. My kids are 2 years apart and I changed diapers on two kids for a while. My oldest was fully potty trained within a week when she was ready. She was 3 years and 4 months when she was ready.

Don't push her too hard, she will push back. And to be honest, pushing her into this when there is going to be a new baby is probably not the best idea either. There are going to be big changes in her life soon. Don't make her deal with potty training on top of it.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think you tried to train her to early. Stop and give it a rest for awhile. You can try again in a few months.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009