Has anyone that is pregnant ever had their progesterone level to drop?

I am 6 and a half weeks pregnant. When I got bloodwork done on August 10th, my progesterone level was 13.5. I repeated the bloodwork two weeks later, and it is 11.7. I know the level should be rising instead of falling. My doctor has prescribed progesterone pills for me. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

jlsmith1421

Asked by jlsmith1421 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used progesterone suppositories for my two oldest kids. It was like shoving an OB tampon up my hoo-haa. I had to be sure to have a panty lines because they would melt and leak out. Super icky but worth it because I got 2 beautiful baby boys.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I was actually using the suppositories from the beginning. Apparently, they weren't strong enough for me, so they switched me to the pills.
    jlsmith1421

Answer by jlsmith1421 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I miscarried 3 babies all before 8 weeks . after my 3rd they decided to run tests they all came up negative so they came to the conclusion that it was my progesterone. Once I got pregnant again I got on progesterone PILLS and I am now 33 weeks pregnant with our second DD.
    I took the pills from 4 weeks till 13 weeks they made me sicker than a dog but worth it all !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have taken them will all three of my pregnancies. The first time I don't think they realized it early enough, and we miscarried. The second time I have a wonderful son. And I am pregnant again and we are doing the same thing. I am only 10 weeks right now, and I only have to take them during my first trimester. They make me a little nauseated...which last time I thought was morning sickness, but I know now. It may have been a combo of both but I felt better off them, but I would do it everytime to ensure a healthy pregnancy!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2009