i went to the hospital the other night after having contractions right?

and the mid wife told me that i was only 2 cm again but my doctor told me that i was right at four who do i go by the doctor or the mid wife? Also if i don't have the baby this weekend i have to go back next week and they will tell me when they are going to induce me is that going to hurt? Also one more ? Does the mucus plug look like you done blew your nose and it had blood in it?

smiley198028

Asked by smiley198028 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't remember passing a mucous plug so I cannot help with that one. Being induced does not hurt it just brings labor on, labor is what will hurt. As far as who to go by...everyone's fingers are different, so there is not much you can do about that. I would say 3 and be done with it! Just rest up and don't worry you will have a sweet baby soon!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yes thats what the mucus plug looks like i just lost mine over a series of days but it wasnt any blood in it.. and im being induced also sept2nd and they also did a membrane sweep on me wednesday and they said i was 1 cm for two weeks
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 3:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yes its the plug but it doesnt mean anything.

the 2 or the 4 doesnt matter as long as it is the same person who checks you next. If the midwife had checked you at a 2 and then checked you at a 2 again then I would go by her. Even if her measurement is off (it is not an exact measurement) then it would still be off the second time too. She is the one that would know if you dilated more
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2009