Wiccans...question regarding candles..

Do the candles hav to be unscented? I can't find any that are not scented.

Asked by palexander at 2:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They can be either. Just make sure that whatever you use is a scent that is pleasing and calming to you so that you can do what you need to do. No good having a stinky candle, that would distract you completely.

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Doesn't matter. If you make your own they don't have to be scented. But if they are bought it will be hard to find some that aren't. Try dollar stores to find candles because they usually are listed as being scented but don't have much oil in them, so you can't smell them anyways. And they are cheap.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• They don't have to be, but most believe that the scent will have as much effect as the color, so make sure the scent corresponds with your intent. Taper candles are often unscented.

Answer by nysa00 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Color is more important. The scent factor is more towards what you want. What I do, I just add my favorite scent. I pick an oil or a perfume or maybe an incense. The main thing is, you do what is most comfortable to you! You do not need to do what is written somewhere, those are someone elses comfort zones. You use those as guides but always find your "zone".

Blessed Be.

Answer by Pffft at 2:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yea they can be either. you can order candles at and the by bulk and variety in sented or unscented. and the candles from your local dollar stores have scent but fade very quickly or are so weak you cant smelll them

Answer by witchymoma at 2:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I tried to avoid scented but that was my preference. I had to order online to do it though.

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If scent bothers you, then you can always make your own and give out some during the holidays. I always love it when I get gifts made from the heart.

Answer by pnwmom at 3:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• IMHO it is better to find ones that are NOT scented. However, i know and understand how difficult it can be to find any. What matters most is your intent!

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• if you are looking for unscented candles you can order them from me. I willmake whatever color/scent combination you want. or you can try the dollar store like PP said.

Answer by punxruschicka at 7:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009