Need advise, my husband takes my pain meds.

Im a week away from being 7 months pregnant. my OB gave me dulaudid, its an opiiate like morphine but alot milder. he gave me a very small dose for my severe hip & sciatic nerve pain. I got a prescription for 12 pills. out of those 12 ive only taken 3, when i feel i cant take the pain anymore. I know my husband took them, he asked me for some before, i told him i wanted to save them for when i was in real pain.I guess he didnt care... anyone deal w/ this before, how would I go about talking to him about this. not just yelling & fighting ( thats not my style)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Health

• Maybe he is addicted, has a problem and needs help. I had a neighbor like this. He was always coming over asking for pain pills. After we noticed him coming over often, we had to turn him away and tell his wife.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You can always hide them. I did that. I got some vicodin when I had my c-section. I didn't need it for that, but saved them for my migraines. Hubby liked them for his pain too, but when I hid them, he couldn't get to them. End of problem. For the talking part, I told him if he had pain, he had to go to the doctor and get his own.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009