When to have sex during ovulation week?

I have charted my ovulation days using an online ovulation predictor (based on when my last period was) and see that it is for five or so days. When should I have sex during that period? I read that you should do it a lot before you ovulate, not after. So if the ovulation predictor says that I'm most fertile today on the 23rd through the end of the week-- we should have done it a few days before today and one day afterward. Or should I be trying everyday this week? Is this what other moms have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most ovulation predictors go off the assumption that your cycle is 28 days. You may have better chances by charting your body signs, such as mucus and temp. Check out www.fertilityfriend.com for an example of this, and I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Good luck!
    faeriemamma

Answer by faeriemamma at 2:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• You should be having sex at LEAST every other day during your "magical" week.

PP is correct, most online predictors do go by the 28 day cycle. If your cylce is not 28 days then I would try the sticks. You can get them for a great price at http://www.earlypregnancytests.com/ Good luck TTC!
    coolmawmy

Answer by coolmawmy at 4:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2008