husband takes my pain meds. need some advise

Im a week away from being 7 months pregnant. my OB gave me dulaudid, its an opiiate like morphine but alot milder. he gave me a very small dose for my severe hip & sciatic nerve pain. I got a prescription for 12 pills. out of those 12 ive only taken 3, when i feel i cant take the pain anymore. I know my husband took them, he asked me for some before, i told him i wanted to save them for when i was in real pain.I guess he didnt care... anyone deal w/ this before, how would I go about talking to him about this. not just yelling & fighting ( thats not my style)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• why does he take them. does he have pain? if not hes an addict get him help and lock them up or hide them
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Im the poster) would he be an adict if this is the first time hes done something like this? Im so confused.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• if it is the first time then id ask him why and just observe him or fill it with like a pill similar in shape like tylenol or something and say that its a refill and see how fast they disappear... that will tell you if hes taking em for pain or to get high
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• could he be selling them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It's probably not the 1st time, sweetie. And with a baby coming... he needs help STAT. U cannot be dealing with that drama while you're trying to raise a baby

I'm going to guess he already has a problem u just arent aware of. I am very familiar w/ dilaudid and you dont just start randomly taking them for no apparent reason.

think of it this way if u arent convinced he has some kind of addiction problem, hidden or otherwise

the man u love, the man you chose to marry who is supposed to love you and protect you and protect that baby you created together... would HE jack your pain meds that are keeping u comfortable in order to finish growing your precious miracle?

he's gone selfish and dangerous...... time for immediate help
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• He may just like the way it makes him feel, but it is not ok. I would confront him and tell him that you were prescribed them for a reason, and if you can't trust him, he wont have access to them anymore. All drugs including prescribed meds can become addictive.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• heck pres. meds are the new street drugs these days
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Whatever the reason it is wrong and illegal, he could OD you know?

Is he in some excruciating pain? Is he getting high? Is he profiting by selling them?

What ever the case is, it is wrong and if you can't trust him with something like meds, are you going to trust this man to be there to help you raise your child?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Opiiates are very addicting. So ya he can really like the way he feels on them and be taking them for that reason. You need to hide them right now. It takes a very short time to get addicted to an opiiate, if he asks what happen to them then thats when you can bring it up that he has been taking them and what not. I am a recovered addict and delaudid is just like herion. So you take it from there. He is getting into something that is a very bad road and it is body controling you get very sick if your body is to the point of needing it. The sickness can get so bad that you shit yourself and throw up the worst flu you could ever imagine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Just tell him you two need to sit down and have a talk and just ask him. Let him know that some of your pills are gone and you are aware that he had taken them. Tell him you aren't mad, just concerned. Ask him if he's in pain or if there's a problem that you should know about maybe. But tell him, that you need to know whats going on.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2009