Have you ever done Atkins or Low Carbed?

If so what did you think of it?

Was it hard to stick to?

Did you lose?

How much did you lose?

Did you maintain your weight loss?

Any suggestions?

Thanks Ladies for your help!

LuvOurFamily

Asked by LuvOurFamily at 2:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do the south beach diet.. the first few days are tough but after that its easy....

i lost over 45lbs in a little over 3 months.... im planning ongoing abck on it since ive gaiend a few lbs but im waiting till after we move and get settled its ahrd to diet and such when your trying to find a place to lve and stressed
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I did one similar called The Mayo Clinic Diet, and it was very hard for me. It was basically no carbs, and that's pretty hard. And by the end of the first week I felt very weak and my hands shook, like withdrawals or something. I find the low carb diets to be very hard to stick to. I only lost a pound. I prefer low calorie diets to low carbs.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my DH did it when it first became popular. he lost about 50 lbs really quick. he was living with his mom at the time & she was doing it too so he didnt have a hard time sticking to it. but as soon as he went off of it he gained back what he lost & then some. ive seen pics of him from that time & he looked like a ghost, pale & lifeless.

basically you are making your body think you are starving, so once you start eating carbs again your body stores it ALL as fat in case you start "starving" again. my DH has said he would never suggest it to anyone, ever.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I did it for my wedding. Lost like 20 lbs. Very hard to stick to, you can't cheat on it. Once I stopped the diet I gained it all back and a little more. Worth it if you need to lose weight quick for something. No exercise necessary.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009