Anyone feel like this?

Sometimes I feel like showering and getting dressed is just too much of an effort. I can go 2 weeks without showering, many times when I'm at home I just stay in my pajamas all day. I wash my hair and use body spray and I always wear clean clothes and underpants when I do get dressed. I just don't understand my lack of enthusiasm for cleanliness.....I've never told anyone this, even dh doesn't know. Please don't bash me, I'm being honest and I need help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I feel like that a lot..but I'd only go 2 days without a shower not 2 weeks!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Not wanting to bother for one day is just life. Going two weeks? Could be a sign of depression.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I was going to say maybe your depressed.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Don't feel bad there are days that I also feel like this, My life is so busy and most days I don't even leave the house let alone shower! I am sitting here now unbathed and wearing the clothes that i wore to bed last night it's just to much for me to even to even bother! We Can be dirty together!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I had to ask myself this morning if I took a bath yesterday...I'm pretty sure I didn't....sometimes I just think what's the point....I never get out of this house anyway....they're right though...it could be a sign of depression...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Depression has taken you over. I'm not sure on what really is going on in your life to make you feel like this. Do you have a new born or more childern? I have gone two days without brushing my teeth and I still have days like this. Have you tried to take your shower first thing and to jump start your day? You are a person that should start off aday like this. Give it a try. If you have time to watch a show on the tv you have time to spend on yourself even if it is a five second shower. Please let me know more about yourself... I would like to talk to you.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have days like that...specialy now that i just gave birth, but i still shower, i just dont have or feel the need to dress up..
    adriana18

Answer by adriana18 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• depression can play a big role in not showering. when i was pregnant and in the process of leaving my husband i didnt shower for at least threee weeks. i just pulled my hair back so no one could tell it was dirty. i still have trouble sometimes, bu t now i shower at least once a week but it can still be a challenge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Do you think it may be post-partum depression? I had it after having my daughter and zoloft worked wonders for me. different people have different symptoms and at different intensities. talk to your doctor. If you don't want to try medication she can recommend a support group or counselor that may be able to help. Good luck!
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 4:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009