Why is he so hard to read sometimes?

My husband is the type who says he's gonna call and never does, and sends like 1 word replies to text messages. Well lately he's been being really nice and loving to me, everytime for about 3 weeks that he said he was gonna call he has, and he'll call more than once a day. And yes we do live together. He's also been replying with a sentence or 2 in texts. It just makes me wonder if he's done something wrong lol. Should I just enjoy it and not worry? It's kinda hard to since he cheated on me in the past.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• He is trying to make amends. Don't rock the boat. If you asked for this, then he is interested enough to give you want you wanted. Don't ask him. Watch his actions. They really do speak louder than words.
    tweeta

Answer by tweeta at 8:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Who knows, I wouldn't trust a cheater let alone marry one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You could have been channeling my life with this question... Lol. I have the same problems - DH is very stoic, and emotionally "unavailable" most of the time, so when he suddenly starts acting "nice" to me, it makes me suspicious, because I have had experienced being cheated on too... But beware - Once I made a big deal out of it when he started acting that way, and started looking for other signs of cheating, and about drove myself and him nuts doing it, and now he seems to be purposefully acting "distant" so as not to make me suspicious again! There ended up being nothing (that I could find, anyway) to actually be suspicious of, so I kind of screwed myself over on that one... So be careful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If he is doing something wrong then he is feeling guilty. And if he is trying to make a better relationship with you then enjoy it. Eigther way enjoy it. If you can't not fully enjoy it, then ask him directly. But also ensure you let him know that you love him and are complettly enjoying all that he is doing before you ask him or consider asking him. If he isn't then hopfullly a good thing hasn't been messed up.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009