Baby's father wants to visit all weekend, and I don't want him to...what to do?

My daughter's father and I are friends. I allow him to spend the night once a week so he can see our daughter. While he's here, he doesn't help me out in anyway (like babysitting her so I can get a break, etc), and he tends to make MORE work for me. So it's a relief when he goes home!

Well, he had a job as a cab driver, and I guess he had a disagreement with his boss, so now he's not working. He called this afternoon to inform me of this. He said that he wanted to come over tonight stay over until Monday! I told him I was on my way out the door and I'd discuss with him later.

He's a nice person, but I don't want him at my house for three nights. I never get any rest while he's here, he hogs my computer and the tv, and the apartment is really small. I don't want to deal with him at all this weekend.

If I tell him this, I'm afraid he'll make a big deal out of it. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• say no

it is your place
    he can see his child at his place
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i hate to say this but he sounds like what i would call a freeloader...someone living off of others when they can. put your foot down....just tell him your not comfortable....its the best thing you can do!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Tell him he can come over in the day time and see his DD. But at a certain time at night lets say 6pm he has to leave. And not come back tell like 10 am.

If he is suppose to be coming to see his daughter why is he on your computer and hoging the tv. You should tell him when he is at your house NO tv, No computer.

Answer by louise2 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No tv, No computer,put the fridge off limits, he wont come back. blue eyed girl is right he sounds like a freeloader
    witchymoma

Answer by witchymoma at 4:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Say no he can't but offer to drop your daugther off at his place. I think it is awsume that you ex wants to spend time with your daugther and that you are speaking therms but to echo others, why is he being a crappy house guest. He isn't the husband and he is getting the perks. Why does he want to spend the weekend anyway? Is he homeless? I would set some boundries, no more over nighters. He is her father not yours. I like the leave by a certian time and come back at a certian time idea, if his house is not a safe place for your daugther. Also I would help him to get a safe place so he can really spend time being a Daddy and not more work for you.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It's your place, tell him no. He needs to deal with his own problems and stop mooching off of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009