Car seat ?

where should i put my baby`s carseat in the back?
in the middel or in the side please let me know wuts the safests my sister in law and my sister puts theres on the side and my bf saying middel
the baby is newborn

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• in my opinion NO specific area in the back is safer than another...the most important thing is to have the baby rear facing and latched in properly....dont worry about where in the back you put the baby....i myself always put my daughter behind the passenger seat so i could glance back and see her if necessary.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• the middle is the safest IF you can get a good tight fit and your car allowes that,
    if not than either side.. whats more imporntant is installing it correctly.

what seat and car do you have?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• the safest is in the middle (for any passanger) as it is the most procted/farthers from impact during all types of crashes. However, that isn't always feasable. In my car, I cannot use the LATCH system in the middle, so the car seat is on the side. With mulitple kids, they will most likely have to go one the sides (at least one).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• we use the middle seat with a seat belt, i dont like the latch system at all.. even when we had it we used seatbelts
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• The middle is the safest IF you can install the seat correctly with the seatbelt or LATCH. You should never use both LATCH and the seatbelt. If there is not a set for LATCH in the middly you canNOT use it...do not use the inner LATCH from each side.

If the seat cannot go in the middle then pick a side. I had to put ours on the passenger side because in the middle or on the driver side I couldn't have my seat back far enough to drive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• MIddle is the safest spot if you get a good install (really where every it fits the best is the best spot) but the middle also works the best because you don't have to move the seat in front of it up as far.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• The middle is the safest especially if you have side air bags in your back seat.
    ariesfool

Answer by ariesfool at 10:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009