can i really work from home? Is there any real at home jobs out there that do not charge a fee?

I just want to work from home but do not want to start a home business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in Working Mom Entrepreneurs group and Work From Home site.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm a member of My World Plus! Its a great savings program that also provides a nice income for my family! Go to http://tommyr.MyWorldMoms.com and see for yourself. This has truly been a blessing for us!!!
    workingirl513

Answer by workingirl513 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Sure.  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You really have to look at the home businesses like this: If you were a plumber, You would have to buy tools to do your job. Well the start up fees for home businesses are like your tools.
    Unfortunatly I dont know of any work from home that people can do besides computer programming. Thats only because I went to college for that. plus typically they only do that for people with certain circumstances.
    You could run childcare if you have room. you would just need to put an ad in the paper. get some baic paperwork drawn up. Not really hard.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• West at Home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    There is a startup fee, but if it's something that catches your attention, and you would like more info, just let me know. Just email me about the startup cost ;.)
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2009