Jaycee Lee Dugard

How do y'all feel about the current news on Jaycee Lee Dugard? If you haven't heard anything about it yet, you should go google it.

It makes me so sad! I now worry something like this could happen to my daughter. Makes me not want to leave her at the bus stop when she's old enough to go to school. My heart goes out to Jaycee and her family. Poor girl kept in captivity for 18 years! And had to have babies with no medical attention and at the age of 14 years. I wish for bad things on Phillip Garrido!

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 3:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was just viewing a interview he did with channel 5 news. He is nuts. I feel so sorry for her also. I think why didn't she get away sooner? I guess she was brainwashed. I have a daughter also. The only thing we can do is pray for their safety. I feel so sorry for her family too. They will never get back that time they lost. That might not even matter to them though. Just knowing she is alive is a blessing.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• kids should never be left alone, even at the bus stop. Obviously watching them from a window does nothing for their safety.

It's a sad story. But, i am happy that she is alive & well. I pray that her children wre fine & can be raised somwhat normal after all that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Stories like this influenced my parenting back when I became a mother in 1978. There were far fewer incidents back then, but I took them to heart as warnings of what can happen.

I never went along with parenting ideas like letting young kids walk about on their own, and just "teaching them about strangers".

I can't imagine the pain of knowing your child is in the hands of someone destructive. Words cannot express how impossible that would be.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Do you really think that there were far fewer instances or that we didn't have 24/7 streaming news media from every part of the earth?

I am so glad she is home, I feel terrible for her.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• http://video.ap.org/?f=NCFAY&pid=s0RIf0fCUfjXZaggk326JXqBepoGZNMY
    they could of found her and her family in 2006.. if it wasnt for lazy cops!! sooo sad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• This story makes me sick...i have two daughters..and just hearing all the news stories is disgusting..you see movies about things like this and to hear that it really happend...its just to much for me to put into words.. This woman and her children are going to be forever messed up because of this, you cant forget and move past what they have had to live through.......just so sad....Just thinking about all of the missing children ... and going to the store and seeing the pictures about missing kids...its just so sad.......
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 6:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009