Christians what are your thoughts on the pastor that said he wants Michelle Obama to be a widow?

I was watching CNN when I heard a pastor spewing a lot of hate from the pulpit. I couldn't believe it. Our priest would never talk like that.

When you hear other Christians talk this way what do you do or say?

Do any Christians agree with this man?

Would you pastor/priest every say they want someone dead?

I was trying to find a link to this story but with Michael Jackson and Ted Kennedy there is a lot of news today. If you can find the link please post it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The pastor is a quack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We pray every Sunday for the leaders of our country as a congregation, even Obama and we don't agree with his stance on several issues. Our Priest would NEVER say anything like that, no pastor or priest ever should as they are in a position of "role model" or what have you and that can only lead to very, very bad things. Being a person of God those words should never come out of a Christian's mouth in regards to anybody at all.
    Anonymous

• I do not judge but i dont agree with saything still like that in God's house..... We got to watch out what we say...

James 1:19Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Anyone who would wish the pain of loosing a spouse on another is a bad person & a bad Christian. I hope his folowers see that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• also there are so many bible verses that talk against this... I dont want to take up all the room here so here is a site with some verses
    http://www.biblesolution.org/bible-verses-tongue.html
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• When I googled, I found an audio link that will make your hair stand up straight:

http://www.pearlswindow.com/2009/08/baptist-pastor-prays-for-president.html

And more: http://www.examiner.com/x-10853-Portland-Humanist-Examiner~y2009m8d24-Christian-hate-Pastor-Steven-Anderson-prays-for-Obamas-death

Christ wouldn't recognize this alleged Christian.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Ok, why isn't the CIA all over this guy? That is a person in a role of speading a very dangerous message. I hope they go after that minster if one of his members does anything stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I heard it on CNN, the Audi. It is horrible. On CNN there were people saying they are afraid someone in his congregation will think this is a call to kill the president. Also, I think I heard this is the guy who had an assault riffle at a protest not too long ago.

I am appalled at this man's actions and he does not represent Christianity.
    Anonymous

• anon:18, he has been talked to by the secret service. but he skirts around saying he is going to kill the president. Right now he is acting on the 1st amendment rights we see talked about so much on R&B
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I exercise my God-given gift of Mercy when I feel the Holy Spirit urging me to do so. All Christians are given different spiritual gifts, not to be at odds with each other but to work together as the Body of Christ to further his kingdom (as found in 1 Corinthians 12). If a Pastor feels that Obama is not leading the country in the right path, he can indeed say so. If a Pastor is preaching, using his own personal disgust for a situation and sharing his words in a way that is not honoring to God, it is up to the members of the body who are filled with mercy to remind him to be kind, those who are gifted with wisdom to give him counsel on better approach and those who are gifted with exhortation to encourage him.

(cont)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009