Delivering at 35 weeks?

How bad of shape would my baby been in if I were to deliver at 35 weeks? I'm high risk and have been throughout my whole pregnancy, my doctor expects me to deliver at around 36/37 weeks but I feel like labor might be coming on sooner. What kind of problems am I looking at? Is there a 100% chance of problems or is there a chance she could be just fine??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i am 32 weeks and have been having nothing but problems as well.. when i went in to get my gall bladder removed at 20 weeks, they say your baby can survive from 25 weeks and older outside the womb. but here recently i have been told its after your 30 some odd weeks cause your baby has been practicing breatheing. so i cant really answer that question to the fullest. i have heard so many different stories. i would ask your doc for a second oppinion, even surf the web about it.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We can't tell you that. There probably is a 50/50

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There is a chance for complications, there is a chance for no complications...
    No way to say yet. Longer baby stays in now, the better.
    BUT if you're having other complications then you'll need to weigh pros & cons to see which is less dangerous. If it's safer to have baby on the outside then you'll have to take the chances and risks, right?
    The March Of Dimes website has info that might help answer your questions.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Why is it that all these woman can't stand to be pregnant for as long as god intended them to be??? You were meant to be pregnant for 40 weeks. NO, it is not ok for your baby to be born at 35 weeks UNLESS it would be HEALTHIER for you and/or your baby to deliver early. There are a variety of reasons that would justify early delivery....but you didn't mention any, so I cant really answer for your situation. 35 weeks is PREMATURE....the lungs are not developed AND brain growth occurs during the later stages of development...the "risk of problems" is not worth it unless you and your baby are in danger...even if it is a small risk!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There are babies out there surviving being born at 23 weeks and some even less so if by any chance your baby was to be born at 35 weeks they (doctors and nurses) are more than prepared to help your baby survive and get him/her ready for outside. everything is going to be fine. just take it easy and hold on as long as possible. good luck.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OP here- Okay anonymous, did I EVER say I wanted to having this baby now??? wth is your problem? I never said anything about being tired of being pregnant. I said I'm having problems, I'm high risk and that I feel like labor is coming soon. Not that I'm going to be induced or that I want to know ways to make the baby come. Don't come here and lecture me. I don't have to say what is wrong...all you need to know is that I'm having complications. The type of complications don't matter in this question, I'm asking if baby will be okay at 35 weeks or not. That's all. In general, are babies okay if born at 35 weeks? jesus christ.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I delivered my second at 36 weeks. I'm high risk and was induced, but I had an amnio first to check for lung development. At 36 weeks, my son's lungs were fine and he didn't have any problems. 35-36 weeks is sort of a gray area. Yes, it's earlier than a baby should ideally be born, but it's not as risky as it would be even a week or two earlier. And depending on what your complications are, sometimes the benefits of your baby being out outweigh the risks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• m son was born 6 weeks early and he spent 6days in the hospital learning to eat....that was his only problem but ever baby is different
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• ok im 33 weeks an have been in an out of hospital actually justgot home today an my doc says if a bby is born after 34 weeks it would spend time in nicu but would survive an for the most part be a healthy child good luck momma do ur best to rest they wnt stop labor after 34 weeks is wat my doc told me
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2009