Is anyone else annoyed by overly friendly grocery store clerks?

Just went to the grocery store and I swear...i must have been asked 5 times if I was finding everything ok, and "how are you today"...really I don't mean to sound grouchy...but I find this kinda annoying...am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ummmm, yea you may be the one and only.

I hate it when people are rude and inconsiderate and could care less about you needing help.

I am probably one of those "overly friendly" people you mentioned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OMG! some people are never happy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Seriously, she is probably one of those gripers that if the employees would have ignored her she would have had a post like this...

'Is anyone else annoyed by unfriendly grocery store clerks"

Cant please everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yeah, I much prefer the nasty unhelpful ones who ignore me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't like when store staff follow me around and ask if they can get me something or get something down for me. I like to shop peacefully and if I need help and ask it's nice to have store staff be helpful and friendly.

Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i totally understand...i get annoyed a lot but its funny because i use to work in a grocery store. lol i would just ask if they've been helped or would like some help and let them tell me if they do or not... its most stores policy to help a customer if they look lost or ask if they need help. most times if i really didnt want to do something i'd find a shopper who looked in a rush and ask if maybe they needed help in finding most of the things they had on their list with the best deals. they dont mean to be annoying....its just kinda their job. lol
    1sttimema_808

Answer by 1sttimema_808 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It's like a common ground. Either you're unhappy if nobody is there to help or unhapppy if they are following you around the store. Usually when I go to a store I have in mind of what I need and want and hate the distractions. The pet peeve of mine is getting to the line and you are the only one there and they either walk off or take a break and you only have one item in your hands. That annoys me worse than someone following me around asking me if everything is ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes I am annoyed by them, I would rather they ignore me, ring up my stuff and throw my stuff in the bag without a word. WTH is wrong with these friendly people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't mind the friendly ones, what I don't like are the ones who want to tell you their life story. I really don't need to know about your baby's daddy not getting you anything for your birthday and your moms sick in the hospital etc etc etc.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• WOW. complain much? so let me get this straight. you're annoyed by the employee that paid attention to their training tapes and doing their job, though meager, to the best of their ability? What's next to complain about? The air is too clear?
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009