What remedy can i use to get ridof infant eczema???

Jackie0216

Asked by Jackie0216 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aquaphor lotion worked best for my son. It's really thick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• depends on what its caused by. my son got ezcema at 12 months from milk/dairy.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We had to use a hydrocortizone cream, over-the-counter, after trying everything else. As directed by our doctor - I think we used it 2x/day.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• what did the ped say?is your baby having any other symptoms? ( spitting a LOT, diarreah, gas, colic?) I just ask because my baby had to go on the allergy free formula - then the rash on his face went away, I never connected the 2 until we switched and it disappeared.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 5:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• it is most often caused by an allergy. It can be soap, laundry detergent, food etc. It is also a sign of a weak immune system. I have been mixing a little bit of probiotics in a little breastmilk once a day and it has helped. My little girl has flare ups when I eat wheat(I am breastfeeding her). I have tried different things like lotions, and different oils. What seems to be working the best is actually Olive Oil w/ a few drops of high quality Lavender Essential oil in it. For the Lavender you want to get one that is food grade like Young Living or Newways. In the end you need to find and concentrate on the cause not the symptoms.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Aquaphor worked best for both my sons. My oldest still has trouble with it, but my youngest doesn,t seem to be bothered by it anymore. I never had to go through it with my middle son. Aveeno lotion seemed to help as well.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• our provider said my baby's problem was the product i used to bathe her so we changed to aveeno for baby n it went away..
    laly87

Answer by laly87 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009