has anyone's husband ever done this???

my husband basically called me fat. he made the remark about another woman who had a little girl the same age as ours and says to me, see she don't even look like she ever had a baby. she is tiny. i wanted to cry! has anyone's husband ever said something to ever make you feel bad? he didn't even notice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• NO! That's just mean!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• no, but you should reply with something to his nature...is he balding, is his stomach a spare tire, is he lacking in bed, my gosh you gave him a gift...and he helped make her/him. I'm sorry he said this to you. I hope you told him how hurtful he was and I hope that if he's smart he will make amends.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• no, but my bff boyfriend says mean stuff to her all the time. i cant stand him and im sorry your man said that to you.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• one day about a year ago I said I am fat after I saw my shadow, I looked at my husband and said am I fat? I thought I would hear, no or an up lifting coment. He said you have put on some weight. I was CRUSHED!!!!!!!!!! I know i have I was 98 pounds when we married 18 yrs. ago. But I have had 3 boys and not a great support system. I cryed, He said Im sorry I didn;t mean to hurt you and he also said You don;t hear me complainging do you, you are just fine the way you are. But it still hurts when I think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• He's never come out and said it but he used to tell me how beautiful and sexy I was all the time. Since I've had the baby he keeps remarking how "we both need to lose some weight"...which is basically the same thing!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yeah, My husband will point out women my size and make comments about them being BIG. Or heafty.. I have put on 40lbs though since we met/ He makes comments all the time about working out with me, helping me eat better etc. he's very much not mean about it - and I rarely make comments about being fat so I know it does bother him. I know he loves me either way but I am sure he'd like his sexy smaller wife back too. also, you must know you put on weight, you shoudlnt' ask him a question you don't want to hear the answer to. and that was Not to be mean at all!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think its different to say a women looks tiny then actually saying your fat. Soem men have different versions of fat. As an example mine thinks that as long as I dont have rolls then im not fat- but to me i look fat so anything he says will hurt my feelings if its not positive. If you know you've gained weight you cant expect him to be blind and not see it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yeah, my SO has called me fat when he was mad at me because he knows how insecure i am about all the weight i gained when i was pregnant. its definatly not cool, its pretty fucken mean, but i just insult him back and it gives me more motivation to lose weight and then shove in his face that im not fat anymore but hes still ugly or whatever. lol =)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Well, mine never has but if I ask "Am I fat?" and he says "Well you have put on some weight." How can you hold that against him? You asked the question. If you don't want to hear the answer don't ask. ESPECIALLY if you know what the answer is.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009