what is high blood pressure?

I am 31 weeks preggo and the doctor said it looks like i am going to have high blood pressure. I had it with my other son and thats why they put me in labor. I am suppose to check it all week and write down the numbers. Well its been like 130/90 or 115/66.. So what is high and whats normal? Anyone know

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Health

• The 130/90 is high, worth keeping an eye on but not high enough to end you up in the hospital.
    The other number is low.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Normal is 120/80....mine was crazy high 183/110...I brought it down with exercise and omego oils...( fish oil) I take 6 a day, (2 in the a.m. ..2 in the afternoon, and 2 in the evenings) never go cheap on fish oil...only buy fish oil from Norway or Canada, they have stricter regulations than we do. (You can get it here though) Medical Dr's are stOOPid when it comes to supplements, whatever you do, please don't let him convince you to take a drug for it, yours isn't that high.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009