How to get a child to stop biting?

I was at my friends house today and her son who is almost 2 started biting my son. She spanked him but he just did it again. Whats the best way to stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• smack in the mouth? just a little tap to shock him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Bite him back... I know that sounds awful , but it worked with my son.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• wouldn't bite someone else's kid, but if it were your own bite him back, not hard, just to get message to them. It does sound awful, but some kids can be brats in that issue. my daughter used to lunge at me. Doesn't do it anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OMG..that teaches your kids the bigger person hurts back! I would never smack my child on the face or bite him!!! HORRIBLE!!! I ignored it. yes, ignored it. You know how long my son did it for? 2 weeks... the only reason why they keep on biting so many times is bc they get a reaction.. they feel powerful that they can get such a strong reaction from mommy. Every time my son bit me after I realized it didn't even work to sternly tell him NO (and no in my house is for real no nos!) and that hurt mommy and he would just laugh at me, he got real upset after keep trying and no reaction. Tell the mom to keep her son from biting or just leave.
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009