Did God have a "hand" in your adoption experience?

Whether you adopted or placed a child, do you believe that God led you to adopt or place?

Many times in our adoption journey the past 3+ years, I have seen the hand of God intervening. I say many times in the Adoption Q&A section that God put the desire in our hearts, led us to the path we chose, and has taken care of both us and the child that we are about to adopt (and the ones we didn't). I was wondering if others have similar stories.

God has blessed us beyond all measure. We aren't deserving, but sincerely grateful!

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 5:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes.

I was born to a Christian teen who gave me to a Christian adoption agency. She said that she wanted a couple who had waited a long time to be the ones to adopt me. At the same point in time that she surrendered me, my adoptive-parents had just moved to a neighboring state and visited a branch of that same adoption agency that had JUST openend that week in their state. My parents were their first clients and they collaborated with my adoption agency and got my parents over there to visit me. They were the only couple who came to see me that I did not cry and fuss during the visit. The fact that they had waited and struggled with fertility the longest (9 years) and my mother's request that I go to a couple that had waited a long time, plus the lining up of the specific instances that lead them to me is just TOO much for coincidence. (cont)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Romans 8:28 is the story of my family's life :-) We are a match made in heaven. Nothing in my life that is would be without the specific events of my adoption. Looking back on each individual detail, my adoptive parents and I are able to clearly identify the intervention of God. It's really amazing. I couldn't explain it even if I had all of the Q&A answer boxes in the world to do so!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL.

Answer by older at 6:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Thanks, November Love, for your awesome testimony!

And, older, you are absolutely right, He is always in control, but I think thru this experience, I have surrendered myself to His will more than any time in my life, and I have seen his hand on our lives more, perhaps because I was "looking" more. KWIM?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• NovemberLove, wow amazing story, I didnt know you were adopted but I love hearing stories like this. My former best friend was adopted & get this her birthmom gave her the name Rebecca Ann but her adoptive parents changed it to Sara Ann. She didnt know this until she searched for her birthmom. It is cool she still had a biblical name, Sara means Princess & that she is! :-) One of the things her mom requested was that she be in a christian family, she wasn't put in one but she became christian at age 12. I think God knew what He was doing with her and put her where He wanted her to be. She is passionate about Jesus & loves God as a Father . She never met her father who ironically died one week before she found her birth mother. She is a precious person whom I love & adore. Even though we are no longer friends, she & I will always be Sisters in Him! I look forward to the day we reconcile & that our friendship is restored!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes, the fact that I am alive and wasn't turned over to the state as hard as they tried. I went to an aunt and uncle who raised me and kep me fed and clothed and provided the best education, I went to a private school. God has a hand in everything God is awesome :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We all strongly believe that God allowed our paths to cross,all for the love of a child. I prayed for years to be blessed by adoption. As the years passed, our chances of adopting seem to lessen. I never gave up hope, faith and prayer. I knew in my heart if anyone knew how much a child/children meant to me, God did. We felt in our hearts that adoption was for us. Our prayers were finally answered. It was a long emotional and hearfelt experience. We thank God everyday- seeing our son's smiling face every morning assures us miracles can and do happen. We are blessed that our son's birthmom is still in our lives. She will forever hold a special place in our hearts!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There's more story to come :-) I am in the final stages of the reunion process. Hopefully the next correspondence I get from the state will be permission to contact my birthmother/birth family. It's a long story, closed adoption, sealed records...the whole 9 yards. If I use the state to unseal my records and get identifying info and find her (I was unable to do it on my own, not enough info), I have to go through the state for contact too. I'm finally getting to the finishline before the state will be able to tell me if she wants to hear from me or not :-) My adoptive parents and I want to make sure she's OK (I was born 24 years ago) and thank her for her wonderful gift.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes He definetly was.
    When an Evangelist was visiting our church in 1989 he had me come forward and told me that the Lord knows my heart's desire and that He would see it come to pass for us. Well I had several desires and was not even thinking on the son that we had lost at 6 months. It had been almost 14 years since that had happened. I just accepted and believed God would reveal to me what it was.
    2 weeks later our pastor asked me to stand up and he said; "the lord knows what is in your heart and He will bring it to pass." I turned to my husband and said; "we need to get a crib."
    Our son Jordan came to us exactally 9 months later. A beautiful little chubby faced Native American baby boy. He fit right in with our family and we adopted him. I call him the son that was birthed in my heart. He and Rabecca (our daughter) are close and our Granddaughter sometimes treats him more like her brother than her uncle.
    Yes, God has.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• November Love~~ I have to go through the state for contact too. I'm finally getting to the finishline before the state will be able to tell me if she wants to hear from me or not :-) My adoptive parents and I want to make sure she's OK (I was born 24 years ago) and thank her for her wonderful gift.
    ~~~
    I will be praying for you. Our son contacted his bio. mother 3 years ago. He also has an 11 year old sister through her. They are close (Jordan and Hiedi); however, he and his bio. mother are not speaking anymore. Yes, the bio. moms do give us a blessing and it sounds like you had a good home to share with people that love you.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009