Is there anything I can do to not throw up everything I eat?

mommaof2tob2

Asked by mommaof2tob2 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah tell your doctor they can prescribe you something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Ask ob for suppositories to help..they stay with you longer than pills do. I'm so sorry that you're so sick. I was the same way with all 3 of mine...the suppositories really helped though..Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• when i was nauseous and throwing up my doc prescribed me some kind of medicine. you had to cut the pills in half and they were really small. it helped me. GL
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have been on 4 different anti-nausea meds and nothing helped me not throw up so I am sorry, but the meds dont work for everybody:( But the first thing you could try, before going to the doc, is benadryl. Take a small dose (one or two pills) and see if that helps. That is what my midwife & my OB (2 different pregnancies & doctor office practices) told me to do at 6 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry your so sick. Some coke cola might help settle your belly a bit. Everyone always turns to ginger ale but I think that makes nausea worse. Your doctor can prescribe you with meds too. I know its hard to think of a upside to this but I'm gonna tell you something my mid wife told me. The women who get morning sickness envy the ones who don't, until they give birth and realized then gained 10-15lbs less then the girl who didn't get sick.LOL Of course that isn't true for everyone but for the majority of my girlfriends it's is. All the pukers gained like 25lbs and the none pukers (like my lard ass) gained 40!!!!!!

Good luck darling!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• heres a few tricks my ob told me to try
    1. eeat saltine crackers before even getting out of bed in the morning
    2.suck on a piece of lemon i know weird but worked for me just a lil will do
    3.or tums they help to
    4.plus ask ob for naussea meds phenergan worked best for me
    hope these help
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• momatonly16 has some great ideas for you. The saltines, eat them before you even sit up. Keep them next to your bed. This can really help. Take small sips of water, because large gulps can get your stomach going. Keep testing foods, and see what stays down. Keep a log if it makes it easier. If you do get phenergan, there's a great transdermal version that works really well. It's a gel you rub on the insides of your wrists. You can't throw it up, and you don't have to deal with a suppository! Good luck, and hang in there, this will pass, mommy!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Start taking vitamin B6 immediately. I know it'll be hard with feeling so awful, but crush it up if you have to with some ginger tea. B6 pretty much got rid of nausea for me. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!!!
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 10:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2009