Please tell me Im OK (almost 6 weeks pregnant w/2nd child)

I havent gone to the er or called my doctor cause Im in the middle of changing doctors right now so I really dont have one. I havent even had my first U/S yet cause its too early but I am having thees really bad sharp pains by like my cervix area and its not going away. If it does then it comes right back its even hurting a little sitting here typing but I know that I can get an honest answer on here from women who might have gone through the same thing in there pregnancy. I know that its normal to have cramping the first three months of pregnancy but I didnt remember it being like this with my first child. Im not bleeding or anything and I dont have a history of misscarying but this hurts so bad. Is this ok or normal at least?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's always a little different with another pregnancy.
    I'm also pregnant with my second child - I'm a day away from 8 weeks, and I'm also having the cramping. I freaked and talked to my nurse, and she said that it was fine - as long as no bleeding is associated with it.
    She said that I can sit in a warm tub of water - halfway full, and just soak and that'll help.

Mine was bad too. I could twist a certain way, and it felt like someone was stabbing me. It's subsided a little - but back every once in a while. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Your second pregnancy can be VERY different from your first. I've had four kids and none were ever the same. I do remember what you are describing. I made it through. Your uterus can be very swollen and tender because of the new thing going on. Unless you are bleeding bright red and doubled over you are probably okay. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I think you are okay!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Thank you guys so much!!! Yall have helped allot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Do you have a history of ovarian cysts? That sounds like a cyst rupturing
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I second the ovarian cyst. I had low abdominal pains with my son when I first got pregnant (the docs told me it probably was round ligament pain, but I wasn't that far along), then no pain until he was about 14 months old. Now, I'm 6 weeks along with my second child and I'm having that ol' familiar pain again. I had an ultrasound that confirmed an ovarian cyst about 5 months ago, and I know they come and go, and can be very painful. They can also hang around for a looooong time. Good luck!!
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 10:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009