Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Suggestions??

want to know if anybody who has experience with welfare..i really dont need cash assistance or food stamps i really just need it for medical assistance.. im pregnant now and i live in philadelphia,pa i already have medical assistance.. And i know a lot of people told me to just tell them i dont know who the father is because he is helping out and buying stuff for the baby now and i rather him do the extra stuff then welfare go after him i know because we arent married they will go after him reguardless if hes helping out or not the state simply sees him as an absent parent... i rather keep him out of it.. now if i wanted to put my sons last name under his how would that work? Should he just not sign the birth certificate and i can still put him under his last name reguardless?? How long will the insurance last after the baby is born? i have keystone mercy will that still cover the baby?? .. any advice would be great thankks

Answer Question

Asked by Kri5taa at 6:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 3 (23 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • well.. im under my dads insurance as long as im in college until im 24 years old, but i got medicaid for my son. i have his dad on the birth certificate and they didnt go after him for anything. so you should check out your medicaid office somewhere around where you live!

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.