How can incourge my 3 month old to like tummy time?

After about 5 mins he gets so mad i need a way to make him like his tummy time

stephanie_51909

Asked by stephanie_51909 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• only my middle dd liked tummy time - the other two HATED it with a passion.

I stopped trying to get them to like it and realized that they'll roll over or do something eventually.

its not worth the worry....

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my son hated tummy time as well. You can try putting toys down she likes or lay on the floor with her, my dr said even laying down with the baby on your tummy is considered tummy time,
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 7:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think I never even seen a baby that liked tummy time...lol
    My daughter hated it too... with blinky and noisy toys and me right next to her she stayed on her tummy for about 10 minutes.
    And hypermamaz is right... it's not worth the worry!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 7:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Mine loved it, but they slept on their tummies, so they were very comfortable in that position.

Don't push it. Several times a day, put him on his tummy and you get on the floor in front of him with some toys. Talk to him, play with him, make games with him. Start maybe showing him how to roll over. Once he starts getting fussy, time's up. Then the next day, try for about 30 seconds longer...then the next day a little longer and a little longer, little longer, etc.

Just don't do it to the point where he starts hating it.

Personally, I feel it is worth it. It helps them strengthen their core muscles which they need for rolling, sitting ,crawling, etc. Yes, they will still do those things, but it tends to be later than those who had tummy time.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my dd liked tummy time if the tv was on she didnt care for the toys but tv always worked.
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 7:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2009