Would it be wrong of me to name my new python Lucifer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no i think that would be kind of awesome
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No. I wanted to name my second son Lucipher, but my husband wouldn't let me. We went with Lucas instead.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• That's awesome! I had a scorpion named Damien!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Well since a snake is surpent and of the devil as some believe, I think it would be appropriate LOL.. and no I am not religious, I just see the irony in it.. Did I spell that right?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Hahahahahahahaha I think that's hilarious. You should get a plastic apple and put it in his cage, and then invite really religious folks over to visit him.

Aww, that's mean. Eh, still! It's funny.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• LOL~ I think that's very fitting...but then there's the belief that sayin the name of the devil out loud gives him power...depends where you stand on that front....since you posted this in the religion section, I'm thinking you have some reservations...I don't engage in organized religions myself although I see their benefits, just not for me...I'm a pretty spiritual person though...feel closest to God in nature...but I don't say the devils name out loud...jmo....hell I don't say my x-abusers name out loud either...lol...my counselor pointed that out...I refer to him as 'the abuser'.....de-personalizes him somehow...sorry...I'm goin off on a tangent...
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 7:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• LOL...you're cruel Cait, but ya crack me up~!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 7:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i like the name :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• haha nice! sounds like the perfect name for a snake.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think it's great! I had a cat named Maleficent(the evil witch in Sleeping Beauty) once. If it had been a boy Lucifer would have won out. sometime it just fits.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009