Have you ever been so exhausted you cant sleep?

I feel really exhausted but i just cant sleep, could it be stress, too much on my mind? Anybody else out there feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used to have this problem for years. Then my dr discovered I had an overactive thyroid and sleeplessness is one of the symptoms. I also had shaky hands, was always hungry, was nervous, and irritable. I had a really hard time getting preggo too (almost 2 1/2 yrs) I think a lot of people have weight loss too, but I'm the only one I know who was actually plump and had an overactive thyroid. Damnit! The endocrinologist said it happens to those who always feel hungry all of the time.
    Anyway, if you think it's just stress, it probably is. If the problem persists, talk to your dr about it. It could be something easily treatable.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yeah I get that way sometimes too. Actually has been happening to me the last few days. I think it may be stress, and too much on my mind! Try to clear your mind before going to bed!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yes, it's stress and to much on my mind
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yea, I just havent ever felt that with my kid yet. Of course, he is only 16 months old. I'm sure I'll eventually get that feeling back again as the years come. I would get that way when I was working at the fishery. Looong hours of standing in one spot doing just a few select motions; did a lot to my mind and my body. I would be working 12-16 hour days. Yea, took a lot outta me. When i would finally get the chance to sleep, my body was so over worked I couldn't sleep. Sucked!
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 7:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Exactly fallnangel, I have had insomnia for a week and I definitely think it's stress related. I'm so tired and when I go to bed I just think about everything it's crazy! try exercising a little before bed and then take a hot bath or shower and drink lots of water it may help a little.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Plenty of times. Usually its a combo of both stress and having too much on my mind. Sometimes making a list of the things that's on my mind, right before going to bed, helps a lot. Leaving the TV on helps distract my mind and having some black tea relaxes me. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 7:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I"m like that all the time!! IT seems i'm a vampire.. AS soon as the sun comes up, I am finally ready for bed! It's so annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I get that problem. I do totally believe mine is stress! I actually take my sons melatonin. 2-3 mg. It's natural (really, your body produces it) and non habit forming.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009