Mall Of America questions

What is the best hotel to stay at if you are going to the Mall of America in Minneapolis Minnesota?
How many days should I plan if I want to experience the full mall?
Is it worth buying the coupon book?
What are fun things to do with a four year old in downtown Minneapolis?
What should I expect the weather to be like in early Nov? (So I know what kind of clothes to pack!) Any other helpful advice would be great too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Travel

• the 4 year old will like the pool at the hotel and the theme park in the hotel but likely hate being dragged around shopping. You can contact the visitors bureau and they will send a book with lots of ideas!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I stayed at a very pleasant hotel in view of the mall, but I can't remember its name (I was on a business trip.) Honestly, I was disappointed with the mall, shopping-wise. It's only big because of the amusement park in the middle, not because of the variety of stores, which is mediocre.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• When we went we stayed at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Minneapolis and we LOVED it. It was close to everything, the rooms were a good size, the hotel staff was excellent, etc. We have 7 children (but had 6 at the time) and theyLOVED the Mall of America. We can't wait to go again.

We did 7 days total in Minneapolis, but that's because we had friends about an hour from there that we spent 2 days visiting. We spent 4 days total at the mall, and we saw and did everything (and shopped a TON). I would say in 3-4 days you could definitely see everything.

In downtown Minneapolis I was actually surprised that there was a lot to do. We took our children to the Minnesota Childrens Museum and they had SO much fun. It was really big, and admission was fairly cheap. Plus, it's something you can make almost an entire day out of, if you wanted. There's also a huge amusement park (called ValleyFair) and the Como Zoo, which is great as we
    Mommyto6under7

Answer by Mommyto6under7 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2009