What religion are you, and what is your opinion of global warming?

Don't ask why, eet ees ah seeekret =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• what does religion have to do with global warming lol just curious...
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• satanist....global warming is real and people help it move faster but i believe it would happen with out people as well.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• im a Christian & i think Global Warming isnt as dire as "they" wants us to think, but i dont think its a farce (when Gore stops using up more energy than most everyone else, i'll take him a little more serious). i think we should take care of our planet & cut down on pollution as best we can but not so much that our quality of life suffers (im not gonna stop running my a/c when its 100 out just to save the environment haha). God gave us this planet to live on & we should respect that by taking care of it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• im a christian *Seventh Day Adventist* and I believe it is very real. Is it as bad as they say idk. but it's our own fault. We have polluted this earth and use up resources like there's no tomorrow. And it only took us 7000 years to do so lol.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Christian: I believe that it is real... I believe that it is a result of man. I believe that we will not all die from Global warming though nor do I think that we will all be destroyed when the sun reaches it next phase. I believe God has a plan. I know from the bible that that plan involves Jesus' return to Earth. I believe that God in the end will judge the Living and the dead so someone will haev to be living. I know that know one will ever know the time nor the place but I am quite sure it will be before the Earth is destroyed though I suppose it could be at the very last second as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm also SDA and I believe global warming is very real and that people have been major contributors to global warming.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• IndoWiccan Witch.

Dont believe Global Warming is as big a deal as media and other sources are playing it out to be.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I am a Christian.

I personally don't believe that Co2 is a "pollutant" -- technically. I am a strong environmentalist in a way. But I believe that global warming is a controversial topic even among scientists.

Do I want a hybrid car? yes. Do I recycle? yes. Do I limit pollution and try and minimize my waste? yes. I conserve, recycle, take my own bags to the store, limit my gas consumption, buy organic, protest monsanto, yes. I believe in the plastic soup! But I believe our biggest threat to the planet is our own consumerism and greed, not Co2.

I know that there is this idea that Christians (and Sarah Palin) are dumb hill-billies who deny global warming, kill polar bears, and hate the planet.

Do I believe in global warming? I don't know; I haven't decided yet (we are cooler now than we have been in a long time).

Do I believe we are ruining our planet? for sure.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Muslim, I believe it's very real.
    It's a big concern of mine because if the sea ice melts anymore, My husbands country will be half way under water.
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 8:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I am a Christian. I believe global warming is a valid concern. However, it should be called "Climate change due to polution" . The term global warming is to simplistic to explane what is going on.  As a Christian I believe we are to be stewards of what God has given us.  Planet Earth is part of that.  To be a steward means to use wisely.  That means we do what we can to protect the envronment but not at the sacrifice of human beings. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009