To the mom that asked about her baby's vaccine appt. schedule...

when I went to comment on it, & was about to submit, the question was deleted... it was a very legitimate concern that u have. I'll submit my comment after I post this question.

2tallmom

Asked by 2tallmom at 7:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't want to come off as a anti-vaccine fanatic, all my children were vaccinated. However, my 4 th child was diagnosed with high functioning autism spectrum disorder at the age of 3. So, after entering the autism community, we were faced with all sorts of theories about what has caused the enormous spike in children with autism. (At present it is 1/150) Vaccinations is one of those theories. My first 3 children, all born between the years 1984 & 1991, had no difficulties with the shots, & were all typical, normal children. My son with autism was born in 2003...I was stunned to learn that in 1983 the CDC recommended 10 shots for chilren under 5...today they recommend 36! You were shocked yourself by the number of shots your little guy will be receiving at once...if you feel uncomfortable about it, please visit Jenny McCarthy's site, www.generationrescue.org She is not anti-vaccine, just wants the shot schedule to change.
    2tallmom

Answer by 2tallmom at 7:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• www.nvic.org is a good one too.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have to state this, there has been research on the amount of shots and causing autisum. There was no evidence that the amount of shots cuases autisum. Also the drug that was a preservitive in mulipule shot dose bottle has been removed as it was also suspect. The brain is a complex organisum that we do not fully understand, but obveiously there is an enviromental cause to autium as well as nature given such higher increases in autisum.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• UMM do not visit jenny, she is a whack. Do your own research and that means any place but this site. BTW, vaccines do NOT cause autism because there are many, many parents who do not vaccinate at all and have children with autism.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I totally agree with annon:47 and the poster above her. Shots do not cause Autism and there are studies to prove that. I know many,many children who are not vaccinated that have autism. I think there is just more awareness of Autism now than ther was before. This is just my oppinion and thoughts though. Doctors may have been misdiagnosing Autism in the past....could be possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Thankyou rkoloms...as I stated in my comment...I'm not anti vaccine...& neither is Jenny McCarthy...her site gives a good understanding of how to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule like you have done, rkoloms. That's the only reason I mentioned her site...of course we're all entitled to an opinion...I just thought the site would help to answer any questions that mother may have had...there are other sites...even groups right here on cm that can help.
    2tallmom

Answer by 2tallmom at 8:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Until the can find a DEFINITE link to autism, I wont think twice about vaccinating my children!! They have NO proof that autism is caused by vaccinations!! Research it well, not just anti-vaccination sites!

There is a mom on here who has 2 vaccinated children and one has autism and she will straight up tell you that she has no doubts about the fact that the vaccinations did NOT cause the autism! I hope she posts here
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There is NO link to vaccines and autism. Jenny M. is a whack job and doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground! For crying out loud, she's claiming her kid is CURED of autism! That's impossible!! If he is "cured" then it wasn't autism. If he was "cured" of autism, then the cure would be announced all over the world and be made available to ALL AUTISTIC KIDS EVERYWHERE!!!

If the shots caused autism then all three of my kids would have it, not just one. If the shots caused autism, then all of my cousins would have it not just 1 out of 5. If the shots caused autism then non-vaccinated kids would NOT have it...yet some do!

Read the actual damn studies not just the crap the media and anti-vax sites put out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Again...I'm not ANTI-VAX nor is Jenny McCarthy...I don't know if I believe autism can be cured, but I do believe it can be reversed! ...& I never said shots cause autism...but I do believe there could be a link & it could cause it in some children that could be predisposed to reacting to the shots...which could explain why only some chilren end up with autism & not all. I'm wasn't stating anything as fact, but I sure wish I would've had the other side of the story when I was getting my kids vaccinated instead of the paphlets the CDC & drs give us. Instead of only having their side of the story, so I could've made a more 'informed' decision about getting my children vaccinated instead of being made to believe that it was my responsibilty as a parent & was mandatory in order for my children to go to school. I was just sharing the other side of the story with a mom who was concerned with how many shots her child was getting.
    2tallmom

Answer by 2tallmom at 12:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009