Need some advice about my 3 month old please

My dd never cries unless she's hungry, and even then it's more fussing than crying. This afternoon she spit up a couple of times which is a bit out of the ordinary but other than that was fine. Then about an hour ago she started crying so hard. Her temp is normal and she isn't giving me any clues to what's wrong besides screaming for 25 mins until she finally fell asleep on my chest. This is not like her at all. I gave her tylenol. Any advice? If she wakes up crying like that again I will be so scared. Thanks for any advice.

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Any drooling? Gnawing on hands? She may well be teething.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• **op**
    Yes she has been gnawing on ge
    Her hands a lot lately and drooling too. Other than tylenol is there anything else I can do? She was so upset.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Crying is the way infants communicate there is something wrong. If this is out of the ordinary then dd is telling you something. Could be as simple as a belly ache. If there is not a fever then I would not worry unless the crying persists for a couple of hours and you cannot soothe the child. Good luck. =}

McKenna399

Answer by McKenna399 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would guess teething as well. When was the last time she pood. YOu could put her on her back and push her knees into her chest, maybe she needs to fart. Maybe she was just really over welmed and had to let it out. Good luck I hope she is alright.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Since it looking like teething. Give her something to chew on. Geber makes a training spoon that my girls enjoy chewing on. Try making it cold first. A almost frozen wash cloth, teethers what ever she likes best. I youngest loved metal, she would chew on the large spoons. My oldest liked chewing on her pacifier.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would guess teething or gas...
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 7:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2009