cervix

Im 35 weeks but i may be farther along..nobody knows for sure..i was checked today and i am 100% effaced, my cervix moved to the anterior position and im a finger tip dialated..this is all after contractions i had yesterday..ive been having them on and off since yesterday..my doctor also told me that she doesnt think i will make it to my due date..
everything i read says that the cervix moves to the anterior position during early labor..does that mean i AM going into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The intensity of your contractions absolutely not letting up will tell you when real labor is here. Pre- early labor can come and go for a good long while. If she's not put you on bed rest or medication to stop conractions then she pretty much feels things are ok. 35weeks is really close to fullterm that's not really bad. If she thought somethings was wrong or baby not strong enough she also could have hospitalized you or put you on a home monitor.

Times coming mommy, Congratulations ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You can walk around dilated and effaced for weeks.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009