how do you feel about breastfeeding your child till 7 or 8 years old

i saw this lady on television saying that she breast feed her children until they were 10 and 11 years old and i think thats really really freaky and nasty!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not necessary

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I agree. I was at a wedding recently and was told "that boy breastfed until he was 5". Ick.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think by the time the child can talk in complete sentences, it might be time to stop doing it. I mean, I'm all for breastfeeding, but...yeah. Seven, eight, 10 and 11 are WAY too old for that.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There is a reason children get teeth-so they can eat solid food. My older sister breastfed her son till he was five(he is 11 now). I love him but he is weird. It isn't necessary for physical needs and definitely for too long at five yrs ,longer has got to be emotional abuse. breastfeeding that long can screw a kid up psychologically .They should be learning to find security elsewhere (blankie ,stuffed animlas,etc)away from mom and dad.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 7:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Sometimes it may be selfish. If the parent breastfeeds that long, it may not be because they honestly feel that their child needs it, but the "bonding" that they have to have and that they do not want to give up.

I can imagine my 5 year old coming in from school with their buddies "Hey guys, you thirsty?"
    haha.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• that is sick...they are getting no nutrition from it...no way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If they can eat meat, they don't need breast milk any longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Kudos to her for keeping her supply that long I guess. However.....No way in hell. I could not see my 8 year old daughter latched on to my boob at this moment. Ick.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think the mother is SICK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2009