So very nervous.

My dd turned 15 in july and also got pregnant right before her birthday. but what concerns me is, she is so tiny! i'm like actually nervous for her to have a baby! she is about 5 "6" and weighs just over 100 lbs! how big will she even get???? how much pain and trouble will she have! poor thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I am 5'7'' and weighed about 110lbs with my first son. I was older than that though. I never got very big with any of my pregnancies. I have 3 boys and the most i ever gained was 17lbs. I didn't even show until i was close to 7 or 8mo. preg with my first. I wouldn't be that worried!! My MIL was 15 when she had my DH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I was 5 ft 2" and only 93 lbs when I got pregnant with my first. I had a c-section, but had no troubles otherwise. She will be fine. It's just going to be pretty hard on her body physically.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Unfortunately, it is not unusual for young teens to have internal damage carrying a baby to term. Please discuss this with her health care provider.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Well, there's no way to know for sure, but with my first child I was 17 and I was 5'2 and right at 100 pounds. I had my daughter through vaginal birth in a little under two hours. I had no contractions until I had her. Just make sure she takes her prenatal vitamins and eats and drinks healthy. She'll gain the right amount of weight for her and the baby. Any questions or concerns talk with her doc and he/she will be able to help.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 10:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Talk to the OB/gyn. If they are worried they will do a C-cection. It all depends on how big the baby is.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I had my oldest daughter at 17. I was 5 ft 2 and weighed about 93 lbs. It varies for each person, no matter what age. She can only make sure that she takes care of herself and the baby. Make sure that she ask the doctor any questions that come to mind. Tell her not to be afraid to ask. That's the only way for her to truly know what's going on with her body. Tell her to be strong. It sounds as though she has a good support system and that will help her a lot. I am 30 years old now with 2 beautiful daughters. I am a high school grad even though I was a teen mom. Tell her to stand proud and take care of herself. Never give up no matter what others say to her right now. Teens can be tough with their words in this situation.
    JR62250

Answer by JR62250 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• she will be fine. i had my first child when i was 15 (2 years ago).
    its hard on the body but i found doing yoga really helped when i was pregnant.
    just keep up with the vitamins. and just ask the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• There's not much difference honestly between a body size at that age and a body size at 30.

Tiny is tiny.

I've known women who weigh 100 pounds at the time of conception to vaginally give birth to 9 pound babies and I've known women who were 200 pounds who couldn't get a 6 pounder out.

It all varies..
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 9:25 AM on Sep. 1, 2009