Cradle Cap on a 4 year old?

My oldest has a thick almost "cradle cap" on her scalp. Is this what it is? or is it dandruff? It is oily almost. I wash her hair (which is very long and curly) every other day so it doesn't dry out. I use a kid friendly soap. (no tears). And how do i get rid of this? It doesn't seem to bother her but it bothers the heck outta me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter's father has this nasty dandruff and she got it too after staying with him last year, dr's told me it was just cradle cap.

I spray coconut oil on her head and we comb for about half an hour one or two times a week, then rinse well with warm water

Yeah she's got the curly locks, they are really tight at the ends so it's especially a pain to brush out or use harder shampoos {frizz out her hair & tangles worse}.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 4:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My little girl gets this occasionally. She had cradle cap as a baby. I just scrub her head good w/my finger nails... I use a chemical free soap.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Get it checked out by the physician. My daughter had that too and she is one. She had it for about three months before I let the doctor see it. I thought it was cradle crap all that time so I would just wash her hair frequently and scrub her hair with my finger nails. Come to find out she had ringworms in her scalp. This was in April and she is still on medication to get it out of her system. Def get it checked out.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'd get it checked too, my son had something similar and it was a form of ezcema on his sclap they gave him a special shampoo and it was gone real quick :)
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 12:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2009