Has your husband or partner cheated on you? HAVE you cheated on your husband or partner?

I was cheated on by my husband. I'm posting this in general parenting because having kids and having a partner who's cheated or cheating on a partner affects them too. Do you kids know there was cheating by either you or your partner or husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son knew his dad wasn't around because he was living elsewhere. That is about it. It isn't the childs issue to deal with imo.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yep.. and I"m pregnant with his kid (I think/hope)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• sorry.. gut reaction to the question.. for the record it wasn't really cheating cuz my daughter's father and I have been broken up for a while. I think as long as you make it clear to the kids that mommy and daddy love them regardless of how they feel about eachother.. the details don't matter. That's something that can be discussed as 'adult' conversation if it comes up when they are older.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My husband cheated once before we got married and had kids. No sex though (thankfully). I hate a chance to cheat on him but didn't.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My ex ( no kids with him) cheated on me several times with underage girls ( yes he is actually going to jail for something along those lines), so I "cheated" on him back ( no sex btw) with a person online. This "person" came out here and we are not married with two kids. Haven't cheated on him, and as far as I know he hasn't on me.. He never leaves the house and he is always feeling me up, and telling me how hot I am. So I really doubt that he would be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have never cheated on the man i am with. I HAVE however cheated on former partners but neither he nor my kids knew about my infedelity. I never confessed it even after we werent together anymore.
    My current partner and I are working on our second relationship with each other and at the end of the first one he was going out to bars and lying to me about who he was with. He was with a friend guy and a former gf. He said they never had sex but I dont exactly believe it. Either way if you go out and lie about who you were with thats cheating in my eyes.
    should kids know about it? Not unless youve decided that the relationship is over. The kids need to know right away if things are going to be permanent.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My son's sperm donor cheated on me and was caught when I was 5 months pregnant. I left him and haven't looked back in 13 years. He has not been around for my son since his birth and I wouldn't change that for anything. My son knows his father cheated on me and my son knows that cheating is disrespectful and if he does it to any girl he is with , he won't have to worry about her father because I will take care of him first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009