my daughter wont drink her formula only baby food!

my daughter is 9 months now & she doesnt refuse her formula but drinks about 3-4 ozs A DAY. is that bad? i make her bottles and try to add a little food in it to try and help but she will drink an ounce and toss it. should i call her doctor? is the baby jar food enough? she doesnt like sippee cups yet but i have been trying. she must be thirsty????

kristajoy

Asked by kristajoy at 8:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm... Your best bet may be to offer a bottle first thing in the morning when she is really Hungry. Offer the food as more of a morning snack. Lunch and dinner keep offering what you are offering. At this point you could even start some soft table foods. Like Avocado, peaches' cheerios, pasta, cheese... KJuat make sure her diet stays balanced
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• KJuat ?
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 8:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Lucky it looks like you have a self weaner! It took forever to get my three youngest off of formula. I wouldn't sweat the formula thing though. Just offer other foods. There are cups that have the rubber tops that are easier to sip. Also I would avoid the cups with a stopper just yet since some babies ( in my experience) will give up on the cups if they can't automatically get something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• At this point you may be able to consult with your Ped and get the go ahead to introduce milk instead of formula. Maybe she's decided that she likes the taste of "real" food much better than formula. I would definitely offer her a bottle first thing in the morning, like another poster said, when she's really hungry. As long as she is having 6 or more wet diapers a day she is well hydrated. Some days my baby drinks more than others. You can't make a baby who doesn't want to eat/eat or drink/drink. I know, it can be frustrating.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Talk to your child's doc about giving her milk. Why would you keep trying to force her to drink something she doesn't like? If she is eating other foods and getting a variety of foods, she should be ok. Do not keep adding food to her bottle or cup, that could be why she isn't drinking it. Start giving her tablefoods; start with soft foods...bananas, avacado, peas, mashed potatoes, noodles,etc. It sounds like she is self weaning off of formula, time for the next step.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009