If you could afford a nanny but didnt need one would you get one anyway?

Personally I wouldn't. I want to raise my kids. Today my sister(13) went to a sleepover at her friends house.... The kids Mom didn't even come pick her up.. the Nanny did.. LOL I was like really? a 13 year old with a nanny.. The family has money. The Mom is a liver doctor and the dad owns a business. But the Mom works set hours in an office. I guess I dont see the need for them to have a nanny. like those movie stars you see shopping with the nanny and the kids walking behind them.. Obviously the movie star doesnt need the nanny to go shopping but the nanny still has the kids... I really think its lazy parenting... Just my opinion though... Would you have a full time nanny if you had the money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. I'll raise my own kids thank you
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I want to raise my kids too but feel like I could use some help...Especially since I'm by myself, family being overseas. Only my hubby and I. But then, even with a nanny, I wouldn't rest since I would probably watch every single things she does with my baby. Trust issues? I guess so. I wouldn't be able to afford it...but thinking about it. Just thinking. But in the case of your friend, THAT'S lazy parenting indeed...for mums with babies or toddlers maybe, and even that, I'm not so warm to the idea...but a 13 year old?
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 8:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• no!! Maybe an ocassional sitter, but not a full time nanny
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Not a full time nanny but maybe a regular sitter for a few nights a month for m and DH to actually go out once in a while. If I really had that kind of money I would rather have a maid then a nanny though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• if I had money, there are a ton of other things I'd want to do with it...I love being with my kids- I want to raise them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would cherish a nanny if I could afford it. I dont see it as someone raising your kids. I see it as having an extra set of hands to handle the chores so I COULD have more quality time with the kids. Maybe thats not a nanny, Maybe its a maid. BUT if i had a nanny thats what she would be doing.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Nope, I would raise my own child. Thanks anyway.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Nope.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No....why have kids if you are just going to pay a nanny to do all the work (and reap all of the benefits)

ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If both the parents work, which you said they do, then they need a nanny to be there when the kids get home from school. Maybe the 13 year old has a younger brother or sister. It's either that or have the kids go to daycare after school. She probably lives with them, makes them a snack after school, gets them ready for after school activities, etc. It makes sense to me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009