Aren't you sick of people who don't have kids give you advices on how to raise your kid? Can they be more arrogant? (Hhhh, that's easy, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO....)...All you have to do is Shhhhhhh!!!

Sorry, had to vent. Aaaah. Feeling a little better. Had a rough week. Baby being very skinny, not wanting the bottle nor sippy and trying to build a start-up, juggling motherhood and working from home and all...I feel all better now. ^--^

DavineandLiam

Asked by DavineandLiam at 8:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• yeah. But mothering has made me stronger and now I say thank you. I'll try it. And I leave immediately. Staying keeping the blubbermouth blubbering and leaving whereever we are immediately shuts up the person yapping in my face.

Kids are great reasons to leave anywhere - baby or kid has work to practice in summer, homework in schoolyear. Time for a nap, a bath. kids are great reasons to cut short any outing. Time to run to the store. Time for mommy child only time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Ok! I do hear you. I can't stand it when people try to tell me how to raise my child when they have NEVER had a child or have ever stayed up all night with a screaming baby.

I hope you have a great weekend :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Lol! Glad you feel better. Although I will say some people with no kids can give GREAT advice! It's the ones who know their advice is just what your kid needs because (of course) it works with every single kid.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• hahaha.. how about parents?? My dad tries to tell me how to and not to discipline my daughter. PISS OFF.. its my kid!

I used to be the one offering that advice, but I had 10 years experience in daycare before I had kids and am an auntie to many.. I think I've got a handle on it.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• @anonymous... Not sure I follow your answer...but yeah, motherhood is the best thing ever. I was ranting about those who know nothing about it and give you unsolicited advices. I don't get your reply but do agree with you that motherhood is full of joy. I dreamed of this my entire life!
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 8:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm so with you! One of my ignorant friends told me I should give my oldest some benadryl to put her to sleep when she was a baby.. her friend did it ALL the time and it worked like a charm! Good thing most of us know better.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yeah, non-parents can give great advices too...but wait till I ask for help. Not when I actually think I'm doing well. Anyways. Yeah, I DO feel better. lol Hope you all have a nice week-end. :)
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 8:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• HI, I'm anon mabe op responded to? I meant yeah I've been told by someone who had no kids what I should do with mine. Then I was given loud and adament advice by a relative demanding in my face for me to do x and y and z with my kid all while my kid was having a normal late night two year old temper tantrum.

Then I was a wreck from the tantrum plus relative and I tried to be polite and also handle my ds at the same time. Finally I just left with my overtired toddler with relative screaming at me their self-untried advice.

Since then mothering three kids has taught me that nonparents and even other parents give fast on the spot advice sometimes. I just now say thanks, I'll try it and say time now to go.
    I don't stay like I did that time w/ds. Now I just outright say thanks, gotta go and deal with child over whatever. Kids are always good reasons even when behaving, for parents to leave any place.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I was once told by a MAN with no children that parents of only children werent really parents. So yeah I catch your drift. The ones I really LOVE are the ones who read a book about child development. My ex and his ex wife (before me) took parenting classes and their kids were completely OUT OF CONTROL!!!! Because the parenting class taughtthem that disciplining your kids hurt their self esteem and humiliated them. Funny huh?
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I love it when my cousin who is 26 and still a VIRGIN let alone doesnt have any kids tells me not to yell at my ADHD 4 year old. I feel like telling her where to shove it. She doesnt work with kids and has no neices or nephews to speak of (cuz she was an only child) and she definately doesnt live with my kid, so when she tries to tell me how to handle a situation with him, I just kinda Charlie Brown her out ("wa wa wa waaa wa wa").
    dustinsmom0113

Answer by dustinsmom0113 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009