My 2 1/2 has a language/speech delay, she also has some extreme anxiety issues. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Is in an early intervention program, services are not really helping her because her anxiety is in the way.

MaddiesMommie03

Asked by MaddiesMommie03 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think it is the same thing, but my 3 year old was ver delayed in his speech. He didn't even babble as a baby. He recently (2 years) started talking and goes non-stop at home (though it is not always understandable). He gets super shy around people and will refuse to speak or look at them - even sometimes his grandparents who he sees at least twice a week. I don't want to force him to talk, so we have been working with him to "be kind." He can smile, or wave, or give someone a high five when they greet him. He has to let them know in some way that he heard them. I think this has been helping him relax around other people.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Have you ruled out autism?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2009