not a question just a rant ='[

I'm so very blue lately. Idk why. My sister was supposed to throw me a shower in june, then july, now its the end of august and we have a tropical storm on us and the shower is tomorrow, at a state park, with no cover. It's an 80% chance of rain tmw and I'm just upset. If this were her baby she would have everything she wants. She is a great sis, and she meant well, but she just really left me in a not cool position. I ended up having to plan most of it. At one point she told me maybe we should just have the shower after the baby is born. If the shoe were on the other foot she would be soo pissed. So my whole family is coming to the park, in the rain, though no one really wants to. I feel like I have no support. I feel alone on this. No one I know is a mom, it's just me and my fiance. Sigh. I need a hug.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 8:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm SO sorry. Maybe your shower will fall in the 20% chance of no rain!! On the other hand, I would say the ones who show up in the rain REALLY do love and support you! Have fun tomorrow no matter the weather!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• oh mommy... HUGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! You and fiance are coming in to a new life together. with my babies I actually had no showers before births. at their births, shortly after, and at their christenings we celebrated and were gifted by many!!!!!!

Just try hard to stay calm. Even if you get shower gifts you're still gonna get gifts after baby born!!!!!
    Check accuweather and if your area is due for bad weather tomorrow, tonight call sister and just tell her you don't want guests slipping and sliding in mud and muck at a park!!!! Then tell her to ask guests to hold gifts till you go in to labor. I'm sure a batch of those guests would just love to arrange the wrapped gifts in yours and fiance's home while you're in labor!!!!!

Imagine the fun and surprise of coming home from the hospital to a home - apartment or house no matter rented or owned - any of those are YOURS AND FIANCE'S AND BABY'S HOME!!!
    HOW pretty would that be?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If weather's ok for park baby shower tomorrow - you're not alone just you and fiance then either - no one can have a baby or wedding shower with guests!!!! If people are going then you're not alone!!!!

If few people should go for whatever reason that's great too - it's less shouting OHHHH and AWWWW to make your voice heard while you open gifts!!!!

Hug your fiance, feel your baby hug you!!! His or her kicks are unborn hugs mama!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2009