A little boy just cursed at me!? Lord help me!

This kid about 12 years old was outside my bedroom window screaming like a psycho for about 5 minutes because a little girl accidentally hit him in the eye. I looked out there and his eye was a bit red but he didn't seem to be too hurt, so I told him to stop yelling and go home and have his mom look at it. He screamed at me that his mom wasn't home, so I calmly (but loudly, so he could hear me over his yells) told him to go put some cold water on it. All he kept doing was screaming that the little girl hit him in the eye, getting progressively louder. I told him she didn't mean it (they were play wrestling) and that he was too old to be behaving that way. He then yelled at me the same thing...at that point I lost my patience and told him to get away from my window. He screamed at me, "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA ME!?" I was shocked! Then I came to my senses and said, "I'm coming out there." But he was gone...

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 8:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• when I got out there. Another mom who was outside told me that he ran home and said that I should ignore him because he has anger issues. I've asked this kid to leave from in front of my apartment a couple of times over the summer because he starts too much confusion but this was ridiculous. I'm waiting until tomorrow when his mom is home to go talk to her.

I guess I don't really have a question, just couldn't believe this and had to vent lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 8:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It is too bad. It does sound as though the child has other problems- the anger thing- which is so sad. I hope that his family helps him with this. As you noticed, he'll find that using that kind of language around adults, teachers, any adult he encounters, won't impress anyone with his manners.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I hear ya. I'm appalled at the behaviour of alot of kids these days. We just had a family move out of our neighborhood (through eviction) that had 3 kids like that. They were all under . They were total hooligans. Breaking people windows, taunting dogs in yards, running in the Main Street.....just hooligans.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Believe it or not, about 4 months ago two KIDS around 10-11 SHOT a man for his wallet... I was very sad for the mans family... I couldn't beleive it at all...
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• His step dad just left my house. He came over with the boy and the boy starts telling wild lies while I was explaining what happened, so I told him not to speak while I was speaking and he started crying again. His dad gave me his apartment number and told me to come over if I had any more problems. He said the boy has serious problems with authority and doesn't react well to adults telling him what to do...which I had already witnessed myself. Not saying I would win any parent of the year awards myself, but I cannot imagine what type of behavior or home atmosphere would cause a kid to behave that way, so young.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I've heard your voice, I'd be scared to yell at you! You sound like you could kick some serious a$$ lol
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• And I'm built like a linebacker too lol.

benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• His statement was pretty interesting, are his parents physical with him? His anger issues and behavior problems might stem from problems at home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I am use to kids like that on my dad's side of the family! They're parents act like the kids are angels though! Yeah right! My uncle taught his daughter to swear at the age of 2! Well her mother isn't any better so oh well not my kid!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It sounds like this kid has Oppositional Defiant Disorder, an actual brain chemistry dysfunction. At least his parents are involved and his Dad came to your house. He supported you, the adult, instead of doing that Dear-Johnny-wouldn't-have-done-that routine. That's how you know there is something organically wrong going on with him rather than it being a lack of discipline at home.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 6:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2009