could asparagus have caused her meltdown?

My 3 month old dd just had her first meltdown- screamed for 25 mins until she fell asleep. People are saying it might be gas. I ate asparugus for dinner last night-maybe 10 small stalks. Could that affect her 24hrs later? Its my 1st time eating it since I had her.

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be. My son reacted to eggplant that way! In fact I forgot and ate it again when he was 11 months. He refused to nurse and quit cold turkey. It took us two days to get him to take a bottle!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• YUP it could, that is very gassy veggie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Gas does NOT pass from food like that...old wives tale. Your milk is like your blood, did you get gas in your blood stream...no, no not in your milk. Around 3 months is a time when moms supply regulates, also many moms start their period, babies start teething too and hit a growth spurt..all those can cause gas like pains and babies to cry like that.
    heres some info for you
    http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/gassybaby.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2009