Should I express milk for my 3 day old?

My baby is 3 days old and I have had problems deciding rather or not to breast feed so he has been formula feed so far. Would it be a bad idea for me to try giving him a bottle with breast milk?

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• of course not! its the best for your baby! whetehr you latch him to your breast or not breastmilk is better for your baby:) if you arent comfortable with breastfeeding and you plan on exclusivly bottle feeding then at least put "the good milk" in it!:) good luck
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Breast milk is better for your baby in the long run expressing milk and then giving it to your baby is fine. I breast fed and bottle fed as well. good luck.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes you can there is nothing wrong with putting breastmilk in a bottle but understand that the bond you have may not feel as strong when the baby gets bigger it tell your breast to make more I'd wait till your supply of milk is really strong remember you can start freezing it its great last up to 6 months in my deep freeze

ohmama713

Answer by ohmama713 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• NO problems with it at all..in fact you could even try nursing and see how you feel...no loss there really...pumped milk is great too
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Pump away!!! There are many moms on CM who exclusively pump for their babies and their babies never get formula. It is so much easier on the tummy when baby gets breast milk. You might look into exclusively pumping if you don't want to breast feed. And don't worry about bonding with your baby. You'll bond even if you never nurse.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 10:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009