Nipple piercings and Breast Feeding

I'm thinking about getting my nipples pierced. We know for sure we want at least one more child and I would breast feed when we have more. So, for anyone that has their nipples pierced and BF, how did it work? Did you take the peircings out and let them close up, or could you just take them out for the feedings? Does it even work to BF after getting pierced? Thanks for any input you ladies have!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• PIG
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OMG I love it when bitches hide behind the anon button grow some balls slap ass
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OUCH!! Why do you want to do that?
    tweeta

Answer by tweeta at 11:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would never let a baby suck on a nipple ring. They contain small parts that could choke the baby. Just wait till baby is done bf
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would agree. If it gets infected your baby is sucking down puss. Gross. Wait until you are done having babies then get them done if you still really want to. The ring itself would have to be taken out, the baby could choke and it could hurt the babies mouth. It will be painful when you take them in and out every few hours with breastfeeding and chances are you wont be able to after a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Let's just say if you get your nipples pierced, don't plan on breastfeeding or vice versa...first of all you can pay up to $50 to get it done, annd what if it does get infected? You might ruin your chances of breastfeeding when youre ready. You'd have to take them out the minute you get pregnant because your boobs will get bigger, expand, and hurt. You would waste your money/
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Thanks for nothing! If you're going to answer questions, at least have an idea of what you are talking about! I got answers from people who have done it before and were very informed, on both the care of a piercing and the health issues. I directed the question at mothers who have nursed with a piercing before, not a bunch of uninformed idiots who have nothing better to do than criticize!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Some women have reported that it is more difficult to breastfeed after getting nipples pierced, possibly due to the milk ducts being blocked by jewellery and by scar tissue. A breastfeeding woman would have to take the jewellery out until after the baby is weaned. It is not practical to take the jewellery out for each feed, every few hours. This would be really difficult at 4 in the morning with a baby screaming for a feed. The jewellery can't be left in the nipple during a feed because it could damage the baby's soft palate (inside the mouth) and because if it comes loose, the baby could choke on the jewellery. For these reasons it may be best to avoid nipple piercing if there's a possibility you'll breastfeed later on.

http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetails.aspx?p=240&id=2076&np=297
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2009