Did any of you ladies let your DH/SO name your kid(s)?

Dh and I are having our first child, a boy. I don't want him to be a junior because Im not fond of my DH's name for my child. We can't agree on names! The names he likes aren't awful theyre just not something i would have picked. So I was thinking since he wont have his junior should I let him name the baby what he wants.. LOL I will put my foot down on awful names though. Which he hasn't come up with any awful ones yet but still... Have any of you done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• no my husband wanted to name our dd brenna, our last name ends in enna. it would have rhymed. haha he didnt think about that but it wasnt happening!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes I did and now my kids' names are Saturn and Phoenix
    what i get for not wanting to hurt his feelings
    Sorry Kids LMAO
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• With child number one my hubby picked the first name and i picked the middle name and with child number 2 i'm hoping it's a girl i will pick the first name and he will pick the middle name within reason. But i draw the line at alot of things.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Seeing I wasn't with my son's father when I delivered, I named my son but he has his sperm donors middle name. My son won't even use his middle name because he can't stand his father. Sperm donor hasn't been around in 13 yrs, I am so glad I stood my ground. My son has his name picked by me and has my last name, there was no other option.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My husband named first and middle names our first child, he named first name our second I named middle name our second, and with our third baby I name her myself both first and middle names.

He has a family tradition of for centuries using a father's name as either a son's first or middle name.

I was very happy to have two daughters and one son.

We had names for either a boy or girl all set before birth all three times. I know someone who didn't name their baby for almost three weeks!!!! Honest!!!

Sometimes when new parents see their baby for the first time without having decided on a name yet - a name comes fast.

Maybe just rest from names researching for a bit. Let your fingers touch your baby through your belly and let your soul pictures names.

Blessings to You and Family mommy!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We both picked the first child's name, a boy. We had a couple names picked for the 2nd, when she was born, I wasn't sure, and he picked a name. I'm glad he picked the one he did. She has a totally Gaelic name. We have a Gaelic last name. But she never got a middle name. Now as an adult, and even as she was growing up.....it's pretty hard to pick a name after the fact.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My SO named our DD and I have to say I love her name. When he told me what he thought we should name her i just fell in love with the name and him all over again. Then she came out and her name fits her very well.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Saturnsmom! I know a family whose kids are Saturn, Venus, Zia, Apollo, Aurora.. lol and John?
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My dh picked out the names I just twisted the names to give it more of a modern feel to it. Otherwise Zach would have been named Thomas Micheal. So instead of Thomas, I got him to agree to Zachary Mykel sounds just like Micheal. Daniel Anthony, we left it that way, it's hard to modernize that one. Now that I think of it I wished I would have spelled his Danyel. We picked out Jasper Alexander not after twighlight, but after great great grandfathers. Plus I thought Jasper was just a cool name.
    jenzachsam

Answer by jenzachsam at 9:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• The only thing my husband made clear about names was that it was NOT going to bew JR. He is a Jr and it's been a pain in the hiney since he was a child. My son however, wouldn't listen and named his son Jr..whom we now raise. Talk about confusing ppl. "how can he be Jr when their name isn't the same"..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009