DJ AM found dead in NY apartment

Apparently drug paraphernalia was found nearby, but friends say he never did drugs before. He was in that major plane wreck that killed 2 other people a while back. Do you think it was suicide?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,544202,00.html?test=latestnews

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 9:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I was shocked to hear that this evening. He use to be a cocaine, ectasy user, but had been drug-free for years. People who survive horrific events sometimes suffer from survivor's guilt. This happened a year ago and was a tragic event, he could have been suffering from PTSD and used drugs as his coping mechanism.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Seems like his friends differ on his drug use, one says he never used, another said he has had problems with pain killers since the accident. So what do you guys think, accidental overdose, or suicide? I'm not sure myself.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I dont know...its kinda ironic though, he survived something that in all reality should have killed him, and then dies from drugs? Well at least thats what they are kinda leading too....But if he never did drugs before, and they found that stuff in his house, maybe it was set up to make people think he died of an overdose.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Who's DJ AM?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No shit. HOLY CRAP.

The man survives a plane crash and goes on to die a few months later?

That's some effed up shit right there.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• DJ AM is a celebrity disc jockey, his real name is Adam Goldstein. He used to date Nicole Richie and Mandy Moore, and he was in the plane wreck that killed FOUR other people and he and Travis Barker were the only survivors.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• What? After surviving that plane crash? Sad..very very sad.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• its so sad and caught me completely off guard. to surive that horrific crash.. and now this. my brother made a comment earlier that its like final destination in real lfe!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2009